Charts and Tables: Dates, Financial Figures, Statistics
1. Months of Year: To abbreviate months use these three-letter forms without a period:
Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
2. Days of the Week: To abbreviate days use these three-letter forms without a period:
Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
3. Percent Symbol (%): use the percent symbol (%) in all charts and tables in all documents.
4. For the Turkish currency symbol (TRY): Use TRY in all charts and tables in all documents.
5. Currency Abbreviations:
a) Use currency abbreviations only in financial charts and tables.
b) If used with a figure, the abbreviation precedes the figure separated by a space as follows:
USD 5 billion (do not use the symbol $)
EUR 5 billion (do not use the symbol €)
6. Use ONE of these styles for charts and tables that compare year-end figures:
Year-end 2009 Year-end 2010
December 31, 2010 December 31, 2010
7. For numerical dates in charts and tables use 04.2010. Do not use slashes, i.e., 01/04/2010.
Dragoman Style Guide for Figures