Dragoman is a leading interpreting agency for Zoom meetings and webinars of any size and for any language combination. Our office can provide you with some of the very best conference interpreters from dozens of countries and in over 100 languages. We constantly test and vet our resources not only for their experience and interpreting skills, but also for their online-readiness. It is critical that interpreters work on decent computers, use broadband internet and high-quality headsets.
Zoom has become an essential part of our lives during the global lockdown. Families, friends, teachers, schools, government agencies and private corporations are using Zoom on a daily basis.
For us, the interpreting agencies, Zoom offers another great possibility: remote language interpretation.
If you have a paid Zoom account (minimum Pro account plus a webinar package), you can add simultaneous interpreting to your meetings in as many languages as you want. Zoom has 9 built-in languages. You need to add 'custom' languages to your instance on your admin panel.
Make sure to download / update to the latest version of Zoom for full functionality.
Advanced settings of Zoom can be tricky and if you are not feeling comfortable, just drop Dragoman interpreting team a line to request professional assistance.
Benefits are obvious:
- Quick setup, user friendly interface
- Everybody uses Zoom
- Interpreters can learn easily
- Reach to a much global audience in as many languages as you want
- Live on-screen captioning (automated or manual)
- Advanced security
- Record your conferences
- Live stream to YouTube and Facebook
- Polls and detailed statistics
- Very stable audio and video quality
- Available at the comfort of your home or office
- Broadband internet - minimum 5 mega bits per second
- Very good computer - a PC with i7 or Macbook Pro
- High quality, conference grade, noise-cancelling headset microphone
- Back-up plan (a second computer, a second internet connection and a second headset)
- Birectional interpreting is only available in certain use cases
- Multilingual meetings require interpreters to login from multiple devices (for relay and monitoring each other)
Thanks to Zoom, scientific conferences can be organized in multiple languages in no time and at a fraction of a regular on-site convention. Consider hiring interpreters in Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Serbian, Japanese, Hindi or Vietnamese at ease.
Zoom is currently the only popular app that enables simultaneous interpreting. In near feature, Microsoft teams, gotomeeting, Cisco webex may be adding language interpretation option, too.
There are other niche apps developed specificly for interpreting. Dragoman team is trained and qualified to service using most of these apps. Our conference interpreter colleagues regularly updates themselves on novel technologies.
Remote simultaneous interpreting is not a replacement of on-site interpreting as much as video conferencing is not a true alternative of a professional event organized in hotels or conference venues. Our hope is to beat coronavirus faster and return to the normal circumstances as soon as possible. Until then, Dragoman remains committed to help eliminating language barriers by using available technologies.
Kindly find our YouTube video on enabling language interpretation and adding simultaneous interpreters to Zoom meetings: